Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Please pray for Jen Young

My friend, Jen Young, is having her surgery is today.  This was her post on FB yesterday:
about an hour ago



1 More Day til' surgery.... sitting, relentlessly listening and waiting on the Lord, trusting and having faith in HIM!! Tomorrow is the big day... "excited" is 1 word to describe the feeling I'm having inside. Some people might think I'm crazy, but it has been a long while since being diagnosed with breast cancer, on June 26th, 2013! That's 3-1/2 months that the Lord allowed for me to draw c...loser to Him, and draw in His strength and grow deeper in love with Him. I'm excited, because this is His will and His plan for me, and I am part of HIS GREAT PLAN!!! So many of my family and friends have been asking, "How Are You??"... So I wanted to share here, and let ya'll know how everything is going....

Tomorrow is the BIG day. I am not anxious, but I am smiling, as we have been waiting for this day to finally come, and tomorrow, it'll be HERE!!! Physically, I have experienced some pain in both breast. But MRI scan came back, and said that Left breast does NOT show any growth of cancer cells, so I know that the pain is probably hormones causing it. I have been focusing on eating better than I have before, thus which will help my body heal quicker.

Mentally, I am focused, and ready to go into surgery. I've had some bad dreams the last couple of weeks, in which I felt like I was experiencing fear... but in the dream, there was always a light there... and the Lord reminded me daily, that "darkness cannot coincide with light, and that light will always cast out darkness". The Lord is my light, and is, has and will always be with me. The Lord will fight my battles for me, and knowing that "He is for me, WHO can be against me???"

Emotionally, to tell ya the truth... I am more worried about my husband and kids. It saddens me to think about how hard this might be {or is} on them. But I must trust and lean on the Lord for this. Believe it or not, this is the biggest thing that I am worried about, not my cancer. But Praise God, because I know that even though I can't do nothing about this, HE can, and HE will. I leave them at the foot of the cross, and lift them up to the Lord. Oh man! Just thinking about that makes my whole body tense up... so I KNOW that this is the one thing the Lord is working on in my life at this moment... to let GO, and let GOD take care of them. So as you see, even at telling myself "the Lord is for me, WHO can be against ME?"... the answer to that is, even my own SELF can be against me... my own flesh, my own desires. This is sin. The Lord said "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me" ~Luke 9:23~ I must deny (die) to my own self (my desires), take up my cross (put on my big girl panties), and GO WHERE HE GOES!!!

So, that is where I am at... going where HE goes, and staying where HE stays. The Lord will guide me and provide for me and family. I have an easy-peasy job... just listen, follow, GO and SHARE what HE has done for ME!! Spending time with the Lord isn't about taking time out of your day to stop and pray... for me, it is about having His presence by my side throughout the entire day, talking to Him and letting HIM know that I am aware that HE is besides me, recognizing the blessings that He gives me daily, having Faith in HIM, that even though I don't know what my future holds, HE does, and that is all that matters!!! Anybody can have faith, but it is not the faith in creations around us, or even faith within ourselves, RECOGNIZE and KNOW that it is the FAITH in CHRIST JESUS, Our Creator that saves us, and HE who has saved ME!!!

No comments: