Thursday, September 6, 2018

Sponsor a Student Scholastic Book Club

My friend, alumni of Lamphere High School, posted this request on facebook and I am trying to help her reach her goal.
If you would like to help out by sponsoring/donating, just leave a comment and I'll get you the info.  Thank you in advance for helping out the kids!
Dear Family and Friends:
I teach in a low-income school in Grand Blanc, and most of my 4th grade students' families cannot afford to buy any books. How cool would it be if ALL of my students could receive one free book every month?!
Here’s the idea I’d like to try out this year:
Scholastic has books every month that are $1. I would LOVE for each of my students to be able to bring home one new book each month during the school year from September to May.
...
If I select the $1 books, that’s only $9 per child. Would anyone be interested in “sponsoring” a child in my class? You could mail me a check for $9 made out to Scholastic Book Club and that child would get a new book to take home each month! I would then send in all of the checks together and it would credit my Scholastic account.
If you’re interested in helping out with this project let me know! I have 20 students in my classroom this year so I would love to be able to have all 20 kids be sponsored this year! If you are interested let me know! Thank you for helping me get more books into my students hands!
Thank you in advance!

Tina Kaltz

No comments: