Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Teri's Birthday Cake

This is a must see! Go visit Teri and she even has a tutorial for you to follow. Mahalo Teri!

I had so much fun making this cute little cake. Of course, it's not a real cake and not edible, but it looks so yummy! On one of my visits to Cute Stuff in Puck's Alley, Lianne showed me some of her cakes and of course, I needed to make one! Here's a close up of my cake with the candle "on"...can you guess what it's made of? It's a tea light! How clever some people are to think up of these things. To cover the "cake", I used the small I-Top punch. It's a perfect fit. I used a small scrap from one of my SU DSP's...Then, I wrapped a chocolate chip 3/8" strip around the base and covered it with ribbon. The scallop circle is the small marvy punch (blue) and then I embellished it with bling and tiny roses. I love how the candle can be turned on and off under the cake. I punched a 1/4" circle on the bottom of the scallop circle so you can turn the switch on and off.

 blog it

No comments: