Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Gunther's RAK




You all know how much of a dog loving person that I am, so when my good friend Curt told me about Gunther's accident, I knew I wanted to make him a get well card. Well as I was getting my supplies out I was inspired to alter my first Altoids tin. Guess what, the bones I have fit perfectly inside as a get well treat for poor Gunther. It was a very long day on Monday, after work I walked 2 miles w/Alayna in 40 minutes, then came home to help Ed hang the chandlier at his mother's house, then I was finally able to sit down at the kitchen table and make the tin & card. Don't you just love those googly eyes on the frogs? I also covered the bottom of the tin, but didn't take a photo. I just mailed this Perishable pkg to Gunther yesterday so I can't wait to hear how he is doing and if he liked it or not, wink, wink, wink.
TTFN!

3 comments:

Mary said...

I absolutely love this idea! I love how your gift turned out for Gunther. I will keep this gift idea on my list of things to make, :) Love your frog card. Adding googles eyes is a great way to add dimension and make the card come alive. I think it is wonderful that you were able to get a 2 mile walk in yesterday.

Mary

Risa said...

What a wonderful idea and a beautiful altered tin Gina! I'm sure that Gunther loved his doggy treat and I hope he is feeling better!
hugs
Risa:)

Curt in Indy said...

Gunther is sure one lucky guy to have such a wonderful person like you to make such a special gift for him! He absolutely loved the bone, and I loved that you cared enough to be so thoughtful! Best, Curt